Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ride Through Suburban Wasteland

Into the Waste Land

The words waste land will generally cause a person to envision our beautiful Southwest deserts. So wrong...the waste land is just a few miles from my home. I cycled a different route today with Betzi in tow and encountered the waste land. It was a disturbing vision of human waste...(see by Family Journal for my Rant)

This is one of many large homes with very very large lawns. Slowing cycling through this area gave me plenty of time to take in the overwhelming waste. For a lack of better words it gave me the "creeps" to see how our limited resources are being wasted to water lawns, very large lawns!!

I had the chance to clear my head by taking my usual short cut through the open space area.

Cycling gives us the opportunity to truly know the world
around us.