Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Poor Quality Control Schwalbe

Over the last six months I purchased five Schwalbe tires. Two out of the five tires had defects. The defective Marathon plus purchased in September of last year was replaced at no cost. The defective Ultremo is in the process of being replaced. Lousy batting average Schwalbe.

Defect on a new Ultremo 20" (23/406) that I just purchased while changing my old Catrike 700 over to a new 700 with 20" wheels/


Before sending a replacement tire the folks at Schwalbe told me to send a picture of the defective tire cut in half and then they would send out a new tire. I wasn't happy do it because the defective tire could still be used in a pitch as a temporary replacement if the need ever arose.

Without a tire for the 700 the "Mistress" sits idle until Schwalbe sends me a new one. I have the Expedition so I'm not totally without a ride, just no options.
________________________________

This is the Schwalbe 20" x 1.75" (47/406) Marathon Plus I purchased in September of last year for my Catrike Expedition. Nice bulge!!