Monday, October 3, 2016

ICE Sprint X 26 FS Ordered


A new trike to keep my 700 company.
I finally popped on ordering a ICE Sprint X 26 Full Suspension.
For me to be able to explore all the roads along the Central Coast I need
a full suspension option. There are some roads where the 700 is simply
not meant to go. More on why I opted for the ICE Sprint X 26 later.


Kinda like this one but in the new dull gray color. Also skinnier tires planned.


















Details

Non-Series CF Triple Crankset 170mm


SRAM SL-500 Aero 10 speed Rear/Friction Front Shifter Set
Set up Catrike style, not ICE style


HP Velotechnik Foam Grips


ICE Rear Rack - Rear Susp 20/26" (not to be installed)


Dimension 26t x 74mm Inner Chainring Black


ICE Mirror Mount
Custom to fit mirror below brake levers


Schwalbe SV6 Tube, 28/40-406


Schwalbe SV11A Tube, 18/25-559/571


Schwalbe Durano Tires, 28-559 and 28-406 Black, Folding




Sprint X 26FS Frameset
Includes front and rear wheels, front suspension, medium CF seat, 
chain tube kit and chain, front Tektro mirrored brakes, 
red and green rear elastomers, hard elastomers on front



Shimano Ultegra Front Derailleur, FD-6703-G, 31.8/28.6mm


Spare ICE Elastomer
Additional elastomers - One soft for rear, two medium for front



SRAM XG-1080 11-36 10 speed Cassette



ICE Neckrest for Hardshell Seat



SRAM X0 Type 2.1 Long Cage Rear Derailleur Black/Red 





6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new trike! We met briefly at Bent Up Cycles a few weeks back (I'm in your picture on the VTX), and since then I also purchased a Sprint26 X FS. I had thought I would get a VTX, but I kept being drawn back to the Sprint - it was a hard decision but after a few days of riding I'm pleased with my choice. This is my first experience with a suspension bike and it does feel different ... I will be interested in hearing about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roger, Congratulations on the ICE. I look forward to exchanging notes after I've had a chance to take a few rides. I expect to have the trike by the end of the month. I look forward to seeing if the way I configured the Sprint keeps it reasonably fast on the flats and downhill. I don't care about uphill speed. I always take climbs easy to be kind to my hips. The folding capability of the Sprint also weighed heavily in my decision to go with the Sprint.

      Delete
  2. I saw your new trike at Bent-Up Cycles today. Very cool! Let me know how you like it after you've ridden a few miles (I was there getting my carbon seat installed ... comfortable and beautifully constructed.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roger, Picked it up yesterday. I really like the new grey color and new red graphics.

      Delete
  3. Hey, how are you liking the SprintX?? I've just ordered one, myself, after test riding a 700 and a Sprint 20...

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great ride and a beautiful trike. I love it except I may have to sell it. The carbon seat is not working for me. The first 6 or so miles are great but after a few miles the muscles in my right hip start to protest. A more recent post from November 11 goes into more detail. I didn't like the ICE mesh seat when I tested it some time ago but I may try it again. Or I may let it go while it's as good as new.

      Delete