Thursday, June 22, 2017

An Extra Pound for Longer Rides

0.9 pounds (408grams) to be exact.
For longer rides or rides on isolated roads I take some extra gear that adds up to 0.9 pounds (408 grams). Well worth the peace of mind

All the extra gear is stowed in an titanium cup covered with an old cut off sock.

The extra stuff fits in nice and neat.

A brake cable, derailleur cable, one brake pad set and a chain repair kit stuffed into old 1.5" (40mm) tube sections. Also included is a second spare rear tire tube (I always carry 1 rear and 2 front spare tubes) and a spare DiNotte O ring I use to secure my flag. The titanium cup is used for filling water bottles at drinking fountains. 

Cables, brake pads and chain kit stuffed in tubes.

Brake pads and chain kid unstuffed. Included in my chain kit is a Park Master Link plier with a cut down handle.