Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pain in the Butt

Yep, Just a Pain in the Butt

I'll have to stay off the trike for the rest of this week. I pulled a muscle in the ole gluteus maximus. Lesson learned...even when there is only twenty feet of very steep hill to climb riding a recumbent is all about gearing and planning ahead to be in the right gear when the elevation takes a quick turn for the worse. I can't just stand up and use my weight to move the crank. It's especially important to choose the right gears when you're cranking 115 pounds of trike, trailer and dog. Since backing up a trailer is difficult at best, Next time I'll just get off my butt and change the gears by hand.
Because of my semi-advanced age, 57 to be exact, it will probably take about 3 to 4 days to get "bent up" again.

Sorry Betzi but I'll probably take a ride over the weekend without you and your 45 pounds worth of dog and 30 pounds of trailer. You'll have to find another way to occupy your time. How about the piano?