Sunday, April 26, 2015

A 23/622 Day

A perfect day for a ride. Sundays are good days to be out on the road, low car traffic and high bicycle traffic. Add some sun and temps in the low 70's and you have it, a perfect day to be pushing pedals.

Feeling energized and wanting to stroke my ego a bit by showing up a few DF riding MAMILs (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) I left the Kojak wheelset at home and put on my American Classic, 23/622 Ultremo, wheelset on "Black" and took off on a short but fast (for me) ride. The little bit of extra speed I get from the 23/622 is just enough to show off what a old guy on a performance Catrike 700 can do. It's all in fun and I don't take it seriously. I'm just out having a good time and connecting with other riders.  One poor  lady had her MAMIL drop her to try and catch me. He gave up. Guys, don't ever drop the lady your with to chase down an old guy on a tricycle. Not cool. Especially if that old guy leaves you in his wake and you have to think of an excuse for your "poor performance".


Today's Stats
20.6 miles
14.1 average mph
912' gain