Friday, May 19, 2017

Thule Roof Rack, Seasucker and Trike

I sold my trike carrying Ford Escape and we're down to only one car. I wanted a way to carry the 700 on top of our Ford C-Max. It's not always practical to stuff it inside the C-Max. Here's pics of what I came up with.

The flush mount Thule Roof Rack is installed so my front tires fit nicely in between the racks. A SeaSucker suction cup holds the rear tire in place. Note that I put my rear rack on my 700 in preparation for rides through wine country. You never know what you'll end up coming back with after a visit to the Central Coast wineries. More on that later.

A closer look.

Hook and loop straps (the same DiNotte straps that hold my batteries) hold the tires to the Thule Rack. For long trips I use heavy duty straps with buckles.

SeaSucker rear tire holder. I don't have enough faith in suction cups to do the entire job, front and back, of holding my trike down. No harm will be done, other then a little bouncing around, if the rear cup looses suction. 

Enough room for two trikes. Just need an extra rear suction cup.


By old Ford Escape with my old Catrike Expedition on top.