Wednesday, January 29, 2020

E8000 with Integrated Light - Followup

I've decided to abandon using the Shimano Steps E8000 integrated headlight on my ICE Sprint. See post from October 20th, 2019. I'm going to stay with my DiNotte headlight with it's battery mounted on the boom. In the end I decided it was best not to be limited to what headlight could be integrated into the E8000 system. I really like my DiNotte 400L headlight (discontinued) for daytime running. Very bright but maybe a little to intense for nighttime when on high. Over 11 years I've never had an issue with DiNotte (other than a battery getting old). Yes they are expensive but I feel they're worth it. The DiNotte headlight pictured below is about nine years old. Also my DiNotte 400R daytime tail lights are still going strong.


 The DiNotte light is secured onto a solid T-Cycle accessary mount. ICE has thoughtfully provided two screw holes for mounts. 


 The mount required T-Cycles 90 degree adapters for the accessary mount. The red dot is a plug closing off the hole that the integrated light wire passed through to tie into the E8000 terminal.



The light is mounted high enough and far out enough to mitigate the strobe effect of my size 12.5 shoes when pedaling.