Saturday, May 8, 2021

Two Years with ICE E-Assist

It has now been two years sense I started riding with e-assist. I picked up my ICE Sprint FS 26 E8000 from Dana at Bent Up Cycles May of 2019. Averaging 71 feet of gain per mile on local routes was a limiting factor in how far I would ride. Even though I wanted to ride longer my fucked up leg muscles, courtesy of my hip replacements in 2013, said otherwise. My riding logs made it clear I was slowing down. Then came ICE's e-assist trikes. I test rode an ICE Adventure E8000 that Dana had in his showroom and the rest is history. 

Avoiding hills is a thing of the past. I now look for hills because it is usually followed by a sweet downhill. I love a good downhill run, which is the reason I did not consider a hub motor which will act as a brake when not in use. The ICE Sprint is a solid trike and it can handle just about any speed. Even when the speedo touches on 50mph I feel the Sprint can handle more but I will need to find longer and steeper hills to get my fix. Age and a broken down body doesn't mean I have to forego a shot of adrenaline now and then. 

Now I plan my rides based on battery rangeMy Blog posts for the last two years with my ICE SPRINT 26 FS E8000 are HERE.

Pic from my Instagram Post 5/6