Friday, June 11, 2021

Latest Pics on My Instagram

I post on Instagram a few times a month. I feel that it may help to normalize recumbent triking. It also makes me feel more connected in a world where a traditional bike is the "accepted" form of cycling. Although Instagram is favored by a younger crowd trying to look happy and pretty, some with thousands of followers I can still make my way through the maze of Instagram users and find a fair number of like minded cyclists. I get trike and velomobile riders following me but for the most part I'm followed by other cyclists and assorted characters. The cyclists I follow, average partypace cyclists and adventure cyclists, help motivate me to get out and ride when I'm dragging. 

I'm also on Facebook and on my personal Facebook page I pretty much just automatically re-post the stuff I put on Instagram. Even though Instagram is owned by Facebook it's a lot less cluttered.  On Instagram I've learned to simply stay on topic (trikes of course) if you want people to stay interested in what you do and hopefully get cyclists and others to look at trikes as a normal cycling option.

I get a lot of interest in my trike but people have a hard time getting out of their comfort zone. The two biggest issues are 1. safety and 2. being different. Issue one is easy to talk about but issue two is a tough one. It takes a lot of convincing for people to accept not being "normal". My hope is that in time a recumbent trike will become more common. Maybe a decade or two?