Sunday, February 19, 2023

Caring a Cane on My Trike

 

I resolved the problem of caring a cane without it protruding awkwardly out from my trike.

Up until recently I carried a folding cane in my pannier for my wonky legs (post here "Cane"). There are times when I want to ride without panniers but still have my cane with me. When I'm off the trike a cane keeps me balanced, especially on uneven dirt or gravel. I can manage reasonably well without a cane but I probably look like I've started my day off with a couple of Tequila shots. 

I have three Leki collapsible (not folding) canes that are tall enough for me when extended. The Black Carbon, Makalu and the High Fives. All with a trekking basket at the tip.The High Fives handle is not as comfortable as the the other two but the pack size is just over one inch (3cm) shorter than the other two. It's the cane that fits nicely under my seat.

I'm a big fan of DiNotte lights and I have a bunch of spare fasteners that I incorporated into putting a carrying system together.






Cane tip inserts into fixed clamp. 
The trekking basket on the cane helps 
to keep the cane in place.