Monday, January 17, 2011

"Bent Up" Family Ride

We woke up to a sunny winter day with temps in the 70"s.
So we loaded up the trikes and went to the Ojai Valley Trail.

Who needs a monster SUV? I can load all our Catrikes on my Ford Escape.
Needless to say we got a few looks. We even had our picture taken by a car load of baby boomers while going 65 on the freeway.

Starting off from Foster Park.

Byron and I stopped by the Ventura River waiting for Leili and Carrie to catch up.

Here comes Leili with Carrie right behind.

Picnic at Libbey Park

Again we stopped at the River on the way back to Foster Park.

Parallel parked along the Ventura River.

I can't get my kids back on a traditional diamond frame bicycle. Going "bent" especially on a trike is just to much fun. Byron may go bent on two wheels later on but for now the Catrike 700 enough fun. The kids are also getting a kick from comments that come from some of the less enlighten cyclists who feel conformity is more important then comfort and fun.
There was a moment when I passed a couple on there DF's with my loaded down Catrike Expedition. Well the guy left his girl friend in the dust as he tried to catch up to me. He passed me as I slowed down to ride along with Byron who was ahead of me at the time. Girlfriend...better start looking for a guy who puts you first before his ego.