Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Route Rut

I fell victim to taking the same ole route with Betzi time after time. It was time to change things up a bit and map out some route changes using Ride with GPS.

Yesterday while it was raining I figured out a new route to take Betzi on. What I ended up doing was generally following the same old route that I've been riding with Betzi for the last year but adding  a bunch of detours. I ended up adding on 4 miles for a nice 20 mile ride with a 2,000 gain. I've lived in the Conejo Valley for 17 years and I found neighborhoods and streets that I've never known about. It's interesting how we can get into a rut and not know what exists virtually around the corner.


This part of the new route included hills and some Lupines by the roadside. Climbing is good...it gives you time to smell the flowers.

Keep Climbing  



I'm probably not familiar with this street because the homes are a little to high end for me. I've never had a reason to venture this way. It sure is a beautiful quiet street. Makes for a nice cruise with Betzi.

Oh yeah downhill!

I tried to get a picture of Betzi but she's looking back so all you get is my pretty face.