Monday, September 24, 2012

700 Not for Sale


Updated 9/24/12

Awhile back I decided to sell my 700...well kinda. Now I've decided that I just can't let it go. Even though I cruise on my Catrike Expedition most of the time, the few times I do ride the 700 makes it worth keeping around. I may ride it only once a month but when I do it's such a blast going down the local hills at 50 plus mph that it helps to keep me young. I must admit I get a kick out of passing some of the spandex clad Lance wannabes on the flats and always on the downhill stretches. Then there are some riders who pass me on the flats that are so out of breath that they can barely manage a "how do you do". Then I'm stuck looking at their ass as they slow down to get their breath. General rule of thumb when I'm riding my 700 is, not including hill climbs, for every rider that passes me I pass one.
It's all good fun so I'll keep the 700 for those occasional times when I need a little downhill adrenaline fix. 

NOT For Sale
(but I'll keep the pictures here)

Catrike 700

Looking good!

The accessory bar on the boom mast has been removed.  This trike is for speed, not accessorizing.  My DiNotte light  was easily installed on the mast. I think it looks better as well. Front derailleur is a Shimano Ultegra.

The 52/39/30 FSA SL-K carbon is light and looks soooo good. 

Black spokes and red nipples. 

Smooth shifting. Sram XX

Avid BB7 brakes
The cassette is a super light Sram X Glide 10 speed. Seven of the cogs are CNC-machined together out of a single block of billet steel, creating an incredibly lightweight, precise, and strong cassette



Avid Speed Dial brake levers.
As you can see I have the new generation Catrike seat on the 700 (New Catrike Seats)

The top chain tube has been removed for aesthetics, weight and ease of repairing a chain on the road. I put a  heavy duty vinyl patch on the frame to protect it from chain slap. The chain never touches the frame when it is under tension.

_____________________________________________
Video on Bent Rider Online The video shows a compact double and Sram front derailleur, I exchanged it for a triple and a Shimano Ultegra front derailleur.