Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Tires

UPDATE 3/1/13: I replaced the Marathon Plus 20 x 1.75 with Marathon 20 x 1.35 (click to see post)
_________________________________

I put two new Marathon Plus tires on the front of my trike and took'em for a ride today. They replaced my old worn out 20/1.5 Marathon Racers. I'm looking for a little extra comfort and durability, not speed, so I went with the 1.75 wide tires. Initial impression...slow but I got that little extra comfort I was hoping for. Combined with the 26/1.75 Marathon Tour I put on the rear wheel four months ago I have manged to soften the ride just enough to make for some sweet cycling. With the cushy treads it seems that I've lost about 10% of my speed. It's hard to know exactly but I'm good with it. In addition I'm also keeping the tire pressure at the mid-range of the min and max recommendations for a little more shock absorbing power. The air pressure on Betzi's trailer tires are kept even lower. I don't want ma doogie bouncing around to much.
Nice clean new tires.