Friday, February 17, 2023

Shimano Di2 - Again

On  September 21, 2021 I ditched the Shimano Di2 (post here). The main reason for the change to cable was the shift buttons were wearing out fast. 

After studying the compatibly of other Shimano switches with my e-assist system I bought a Shimano SW-E7000-R switch. I'm giving it a try to see if it holds up longer than the SW-E6000 switch. At least the SW-E7000-R switch is easy to find in the States whereas I had to buy the SW-6000 switch internationally.

The Shimano compatibility chart can be found at Shimano.com (here). On the chart scroll down to the sixth page for the E8000 system.

The top SW-E6000 switch is used for the assist which gets 
far less use than the shift switch.
The bottom new SW-E7000-R switch is used for shifting the Di2.