Friday, November 9, 2012

Wave On

Hang in there and I'll get to cycling after I'm done going off topic for a little while by delving into my take on humans.

It's hard for me to imagine that the human civilization as we know it will make it into the next century. That being said...I hold out hope that I am wrong. I'm confident that humans have the tools at their disposal to work together to preserve and make better the human condition. Where I lack confidence is in the will of humans to proactively work together to to take advantage of these tools. A few things stand in the way such as hate, greed and jealousy. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong. I will not give up on humanity. I'll continue to live my life in a way that I feel is responsible and benefits others.

Cycling and humanity ... what's my point you ask. While cycling I wave and say hi to all who cross my path. Being on a recumbent makes for easy eye contact. Being on a trike keeps at least one hand free to extend a friendly wave. Not all respond but I try not to pass judgement...I don't know their story. However I am only human so I do get a first impression about certain folks that is not always positive. To keep it real I know that there are clueless idiots out there and a few nasty folks who need to be put in a cell and marginalized. Overall I like to think that most everyone is good...not necessarily in touch with reality but good non the less. So I wave and say "hey" because that's what I do.

I'll hold out hope that those who are not paying attention to reality, not voting in elections or are distracted by their toys will one day wake up, pay attention and join the human race and "save" humanity or at least participate in it.

Regardless...I'm going to do my best to enjoy and participate in life. I'm going to speak my mind, pay attention, live responsibly and...WAVE!!!