Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Endura Hummvee Shorts

Here is a short (pun intended) review of the Endura Hummvee Lite Short from a bent up perspective. I've been wanting to take a closer look at these shorts but laying down $80 plus bucks online without knowing what to expect put me off. I stopped in to say hey to Vincent at JRA Bikes & Brew (my post) and while he was on the phone I was wondering around his shop and came across the Hummvees. I bought a pair of the Hummvvee  Lite Short.


Both Hummvee regular and lite hanging on the rack ready for me to inspect.
Here's what I have to say about Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts...they're exactly what I've been looking for with one minor adjustment required. As bent riders know regular shorts sometimes end up looking like booty  shorts as the wind on fast downhills does it's magic. My first requirement on a pair of shorts is hem adjusters. These shorts have them but on my leg they don't take up enough slack so Carrie shorten the velcro strap and now they do the job. They keep the legs from righting up and do a nice job of keeping the wind from ballooning the shorts. The Hummvvee is advertised as baggie MTB shorts but they fit like normal shorts so any ballooning is minimal. Keep in mind they run big so a medium size fits me perfect. Otherwise everything else I own is large.

They come with a padded liner that snaps onto the shorts. Who needs padding when you're bent? Thus my other concern that held me back from buying online, the snaps. Would the unused snap poke me in the side while riding? No problem, the receiving end of the snap that's on the shorts is flush and minds it's own business. 

The Hummvee Lite is made of lite rip stop nylon.  The rear and inner thigh area is made with a sturdy nylon material. Overall I'm really happy with threads. They're a keeper. 

Velcro at the leg hem to tighten around leg (before being shortened)

Back end with sturdy nylon seat

Built in belt that goes all the way around with elastic on the sides to keep the fit snug

Mesh panels towards the back for air flow

Flush plastic snaps to attach a padded inner lining to shorts for those who prefer to ride with a saddle up their rear