Thursday, February 20, 2014

Local Bike Shop..JRA

Bikes, coffee, smoothies and snacks at my favorite local (non recumbent) bike shop. JRA Bikes and Brew is owned and operated by Vince and his wife Tamera. Vince runs the shop and Tamera handles all the drinks and eats. Their daughter Cheyenne sometimes checks in to help. JRA is a friendly place to stop by no matter what you ride. Lately I've been ending up at JRA's three to four times a week as I use JRA as a place to meet Carrie after riding the flats. I'm currently avoiding any serious hill climbing while breaking in my new hips. Carrie gives me a ride back up to our home in the hills. Before leaving JRA's I always end up with a smoothie and sometimes a bike part or two.

JRA Bikes and Brew (coffee)

Repair shop and coffee bar area. Bikes, clothing and so on are to the right of the bar.

Hanging with Carrie on a weekday after a ride. On weekends the bike rack fills up.


Here's JRA's address for any locals or others planning on visiting Agoura Hills.

5019 Kanan Road
Agoura Hills, CA  91301
Phone: 818-991-1572

For those pedaling their way to JRA's the back way into the shopping center using Roadside Drive is much easier and safer. This route avoids the busy entrances off of Kanan Road and Agoura Road