Friday, July 18, 2014

Catrike 700 "Red" Build

I picked up the rolling Catrike 700 frame from Bent Up Cycles and started putting it together. Unlike my other Catrike 700 (dubbed "Black") set up for speed and performance this 700 (dubbed "Red") will be set up for touring and cruising the hood and trails. Unlike my old Catrike Expedition (sold) which I loaded up with stuff this Cat will be kept light. 




52/39/24 triple. The 24t replaces the stock 30t chainring.

24t chainring and guard. (Ended up using a 26t. The rear derailleur long cage couldn't handle the step down from the 52t to a 24t.)





Bottle cage located on the back stay using Catrike rack adapter kit from the Hostel Shoppe. I've been using this method to attach bottle cages for some time now with much success. 

I painted the metal part of the clamp black. Each clamp requires a small piece of old inner tube under the clamp to ensure a tight fit.
More later.