I ordered a speaker for my new iPad from Logitech (Logitech Tablet Speaker). After getting it I decided to give it a try on trike instead. I hooked it up to my iPhone and the sound quality was superior to the Biologic speaker that I've been using. I kept it on my trike and opted to use earphones with my iPad for now.
Pros and cons of the new Logitech.
- 8 hour battery life compared to 40 hours with Biologic running on 2 AA batteries.
- Not weather resistant. In bad weather I won't be listening to music anyway.
- Internal rechargeable battery.
- Better overall sound with no breakup at high volume as with the Biologic.
- Easily fits behind the headrest of my trike. Lower volume required to hear good sound.
- Easy to remove.Same with the Biologic.
I would much rather have the better sound quality then long battery life and weather proofing. I'll just recharge the battery after each ride just like I recharge my light batteries after each ride. It's a luxury item anyway so if the battery goes dead on a long ride I'll live. Only time will tell how it holds up.
Gotta have some tunes to ride with on a clear and sunny spring day.
|The old Biologic speaker hooked up to my iPhone.|
|The old Biologic speaker.|
|The new Logitech speaker set up behind my seat.|
The Logitech speaker secured with small DiNotte O-rings.