Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HPV Scorpion - Not Fair!

It's not fair!! 
First Bryan Ball does a review of the HP Velotechnik Scorpion fs 26 on Brol and I try my best to tell myself I don't need this Cadillac of trikes. Eventually I put the idea of owning a Scorpion behind me but not out of mind.

And then Bryan goes ahead and does this...publishes his review in Adventure Cycling Magazine.


My Catrike Expedition has served me well but I want a fully suspended trike for cruising. I've hit enough pot holes, rough roads and road debris to say enough is enough, time for a little comfort. When my brain is in cruising mode I'm not looking for fast (I have my 700 for that). I also want to be able to ride gravel and dirt roads.

I'll have a good chance to take a close look at the Scorpion at Recumbent Cycle-Con in November (if I can wait that long). Or visit Dana at Bent Up Cycles, he says he'll have a Scorpion 26 in the shop in a few weeks.



4 comments:

  1. Nice! As you know I ride the dual-sus HPV Street Machine. Everytime I cross railroad tracks, bridge seams and the occasional unoticed portholes I'm so grateful for suspension. HPV bikes are excellently engineered and I'll definitely be weighing my options with that in mind when I'm ready to add a three-wheeler to my stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making it harder to resist. :)

      Delete
  2. I hear you, Mark. Of course, we don't really NEED a new trike, but damn it all to hell, thems HPV's is cool. Jodi and I would seriously like to ride the Great Divide Mtn. Bike Route on trikes, and the HPVelo would by my first choice, although I think we'd go with 20X3's. I figure if we sold both our Catrikes, we'd only need another $5K to cover two of them--ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's another $5k here or there when you're having fun.

      Delete